Who knew that “adulting” would be soooo hard?
Back in my high school days many people told me to enjoy the easy life.
But why? We had no clue back then how easy life was.
Being an adult is a really tough job. You got bills, work, rules, responsibilities, etc.
Being a mother, father, guardian, etc. is added responsibilities and stresses.
No matter what kind of life you live, “adulting” is no easy task.
If your life is anything like mine, it’s a vicious cycle.
I commit to a lot of responsibilities because everything I do is for my family. My only goal in life is to give my children the best life possible. No, I don’t mean spoil. I mean raising them right so that they can live a long and happy life. And maybe one day be able to do the same for their own family.
As a result of taking on more than I can manage, my stress, anger and anxiety increases.
There was a time in my life where I thought that taking care of everything on my own was the easiest and best way to get through the everyday crazy hectic life.
But, within the past few years I’ve been trying to find balance. I am definitely no “super mom”.
Here are some tips on HOW TO FIND BALANCE IN A CRAZY HECTIC LIFE:
- Take care of yourself. Yes easier said than done. This is my #1 priority for trying to find balance. It’s difficult to take care of your priorities if you don’t take care of yourself.
- Do not be a “yes” person. Saying no doesn’t’ mean that you’re lazy. Knowing your limit is key.
- Accept help. People want to help just like you want to help. Let them!
- Teach others to help. Teach your children how to help. Train others on duties that they are also responsible for. Share the load!
- Don’t get upset when things don’t get done to your standard. I used to be very anal about how things were done. I wanted it to be done in a certain way. Well……Get over it! Once I got over it and let go of the control, others were more willing and more able to help. Yes it’s not exactly how you want it done but at the end of the day it was one less thing for you to do.
- Make time for fun & happiness. Why live a life with no fun?! Do things that make you happy.
- Do little at a time. Throughout the week I try to do one chore a day. That way when the weekend comes we can use the time for fun activities.
- Get a chore done before doing something fun. Getting one thing done before having fun makes it much easier to enjoy the fun. Instead of having fun and thinking about all the things that you should be doing, you can know that you did get something done and now it’s time for fun.
- Let go of perfection. Yes we all want to be perfect. But yes trying to be perfect can drive ourselves crazy. Who says that you have to be perfect?! Do the best you can each day without going insane and be happy with your accomplishments.
I will not give up things in my life that my kids enjoy. Therefore I have to learn how to have some balance in life.
I am nowhere near having that perfectly balanced life. However, things have improved after following these simple tips that we often forget to do.
What do you do to find balance in a crazy hectic life? I would love to hear about them! Submit it by commenting.